Tuesday, January 25, 2005

HELEN GETS HER WORK VISA!

I GOT MY WORK PERMIT AND WORK VISA TODAY !

In fact, I got 4! Well, firstly they have put a Permit AND a Visa in my passport, but they mucked up the first set of 2 and had to stamp VOID all over them and then they issued them with the CORRECT leaving date! Glad I spotted their mistake as otherwise I'd have had to leave the country next weekend!!

Was it easy? Yes... very. After Warren got his Work Visa I was legally able to apply for one too. I made an appt to see my case officer at the Chch office for 10am today, 25th Jan. I took along a letter from Warren which stated he was my hubby and that he had a job and visa etc and how long we'd been married. I also took his passport with his Work Visa in it.. plus my marriage cert and, of course, a completed application form.

I think I was nearly a dead woman in the Immigration Office. There was a huge queue and I just waltzed past them all and said I had an appointment. Oooh if looks could kill - I think some of them had been camping there for weeks by the state of them - I was whisked to a corner where I gave in my bits, he said come back in an hour. I came back an hour later, smuggly walked past the SAME people in the queue and he handed me my passport ... DONE (well, except for the date issue but he sorted that in mins!!).

So, if you are in NZ and have a case officer allocated for your ITA... contact them for visa's etc and you'll be whizzed through..

Right, time to find a job!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this mean that I should tell Croydon Woolworths that you won't be starting work in February after all? Ha ha ha!! Have fun you two

Paul J x

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Helen Leggatt said...

Heheh!! Sorry, we won't be working together afterall! H&W xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home