Sunday, November 18, 2007

Amber Alert

Poor Amber - she's going through the wars at the moment.

The first scare was a rather large lump on her face, just under her eye. I took her to the vets and they did a biopsy which, according to the lab, looked to have changes to the cells - or cancer related. The lump was removed and sent away to the lab to be analysed.

For two weeks we waited, fingers crossed, that it wasn't the big C. Our vet, Anita, is so kind and caring, she rang me once a week to keep me updated and have a chat.

And today we found out it isn't, but the lab isn't entirely sure WHAT it is... we're to keep tabs on her lymph nodes and see how she goes.

And as if that wasn't enough, we went down the gorge the other day and she was attacked by 3 pig dogs (dogs trained to hunt and kill wild pigs). Poor thing was overpowered and has had 3 chunks taken out of her fur - it could have been a lot worse. Warren was very brave and got stuck in and had to manually pull these dogs off her and had to almost resort to putting a boulder through one of the dogs skulls - his preservation instincts certainly took over. Afterwards, he managed to calm down and went to speak to the owner. I, on the other hand, wanted to rip their head off so I walked away to avoid confrontation.

Big sis' Summer looked after her when we got home..... awww...

3 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Blogger NewKiwi said...

So sorry to hear about the attack by pig dogs. Will the owner of those dogs promise to keep them confined from now on? This morning I read an article in Western Leader (Waitakeres, West Auckland) about a dog on leash, walking with the owners, killed by another dog who slipped his collar when tied out. I guess look on the bright side, she didn't require a trip to the vet for the attack.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Marrisa said...

Oh no that is TERRIBLE! Oh I would hate to be confronted by an angry dog mob, well done on acting so well. Some people have no idea do they?

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Marrisa said...

Helllooo and Happy New Year!!

No update from you for a while so I hope you are all well and enjoyed Christmas and New Year?

I did leave some comments on your previous posts in November time but I noticed they never appeared - hope you got them.

Here is to the year ahead, I hope it brings you happiness, love and laughter xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home