Friday, October 19, 2007

3 hours of pain

Well, I am coming up to the big 40 so it was time to do something a little mad. It was time to get a tattoo. I had been sat on the number of a recommended tattoo artist for a while. I just needed to find the right tattoo and get the nerve to call him.

The hunt for the right tattoo has been a long search. The internet will challenge you at times if you picture search for tattoo. In the end I just picked something simple, a circle of circles... I know, me a geek? :)

Well today was the day. 40 was closing in so I booked Friday as holiday and booked in with Ross, the man that was going to inflict the pain. Errr sorry the man that was going to tattoo me. Helen and I get to the shop and chat with the guys for a while while. Before I know it I am on the table and I feel the first bite of the tattoo gun. To be honest, after that things get a little more "fuzzy".

Does it hurt? I can't begin to describe what it feels like when an area gets its third going over to get a good deep black, and, when that area is close to the bone, like the one on my collar bone, it is agony.

Here it is, still very raw.


BTW: I was told not to say about this but while I was on the table I am sure I heard Helen scream out a few times. But then a tattoo on the foot is meant to hurt a lot due to how thin the skin is there, isn't it hon? I will let her show that one off.

3 Comments:

At 4:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's not geeky. I've a Gosper's glider gun shooting gliders to where the sun don't shine. That's geeky. :-) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conway's_Game_of_Life

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Marrisa said...

That is an awesome tattoo!! Well done to you both, cant wait to see what Helen has had done. Michael and I are planning our next tattoo (I have 6 and Michael has 5) but something native to NZ.

I have a tattoo on my foot and yes it does hurt, so much so that I didnt even feel the one being done on the back of my neck for the pain in my foot!!

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Helen Leggatt said...

Thanks Marissa! (from Woz!)

I'll put a piccy up of mine soon - honest - it's just I'm plucking up the courage to show the parents!! I know, I know, I'm nearly 40!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home