Monday, July 06, 2009

Back to normal... literally...

Well, hello again world.

Since my April post things have really moved on.

Firstly, I've had my spine surgery (discectomy) and while recovery is quite hard and tiring, the pain I've suffered in my back and the sciatica have gone!! All that is left for me to do now is get fit again so Warren and I can get back to enjoying the outdoors again.

I'm so chuffed and just want to publicly acknowledge how wonderful my husband has been, as usual, in getting me through this. I love you, hon! Also, a big shout out to all my friends who have, as usual, been a massive support through this in particular my neighbour, Alva, and my friend Tanya. I won't bore you all with details about the experience, but if you want to hear about it check out my ENZ forum post here.

The second piece of news is that my parents sold their home in the UK at the end of May! The latest timing for their arrival to start their new life in New Zealand is the beginning of next month and I'm sick with excitement at that prospect.

Am also happy to report that our home is now roasty-toasty thanks to the two new woodburners - so warm, in fact, that we had to open the windows the other night to let some heat out!!

Whilst I won't be able to go skiing this year, the snowfalls have meant that the local resorts opened early - Mount Hutt in particular. Just last night they had another big dump of half a metre so hopefully Dad will bring his skis with him and can go on the piste with Warren.


We now have a few more members of the Leggatt clan. I purchased some 'rescued' chooks - five of them - and they were in a pathetic state when I brought them home - their combs were pale and drooping over their eyes, their feathers were bare and they were just so depressed and despondent. Well, now they are all very happy, with bright red combs, lovely winter plummage and they are confident, happy and dust-bathing to their heart's delight. Today they thanked us with our first egg :)

Well, I'll leave this wee update for now and promise to post more regularly in the future!

Best to all.
x

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Blogger Meg said...

Sounds like you're well on the way to your recovery...so glad that Warren and your friends are able to be such a great support.

And good for you for rescuing those chooks. Poor things. It never ceases to amaze me how some folks treat animals. Ah well, they're all good now eh?

**mcacmartin from ENZ :)

 
At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see things are good, hope your well. LL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home